Re: Datagram source address question

In article <[🔎] Pine.GSO.4.00.10006121722390.9387-100000@sandra.lysator.liu.se> (at Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:35:43 +0200 (MET DST)), Pontus Lidman <pontus@lysator.liu.se> says:

> I create a datagram socket in my client application, and bind() it to the
> 'any' address. The server binds its socket to an explicit global scope
> IPv6 address.

Do you mean in6addr_any by "'any' address"?

> The client sends a datagram to the server, with a source address of
> ::1, which is reasonable since the client and server executes on the same
> machine. The server responds to ::1 with a reply. Now the problems start:

What's the server's address? ::1 or whatever else?

> Is this a bug in the IPv6 stack, or have I misunderstood something?

What is your problem?
Source address selection, or whatever?

How about IPv4? Does the same problem occur?

--
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI <yoshfuji@ecei.tohoku.ac.jp>
Web Page: http://www.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/%7Eyoshfuji/