Re: updated ipv6 patch for postfix

In article <[🔎] y7vya9mcoim.wl@condor.isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp> (at Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:02:57 +0900), JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp> says:

> > SIOCGIFCONF is no good for this on Linux.  The sockaddr_in6 structure is too
> > big to fit inside struct ifreq.

> Sockaddr_in6 does not fit in ifreq{} in BSDs, either. But it doesn't
> matter for us if we carefully parse the result of the ioctl.

I remember that application increments its pointer manually by
sizeof(struct sockaddr_in6) - sizeof(struct sockaddr) bytes,
but it is not good for Linux because we don't know the actual size of
sockaddr_in6 structure returned from kernel (and would vary if kernel
supports sin6_scope_id) --- please remember, we don't have sa_len
member in sockaddr{}.  If you have any idea on this, please tell us.

FYI:
 sin6_scope_id patch (done by me) is now available,
 but I don't know when it goes into the main source tree...
 After that, we could have IPv6 support for SIOCGIFCONF (because old
 kernels won't return sockaddr_in6 and applications would not be
 confused by difference of sizes).

--
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI <yoshfuji@ecei.tohoku.ac.jp>
Web Page: http://www.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/%7Eyoshfuji/