Re: Python + ipv6?

Hi,

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.991219001902.28110e-100000@wakko.deltatee.com> (at Sun, 19 Dec 1999 00:19:43 -0700 (MST)), Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca> says:

> Has anyone patched python to have IPv6 support, or does anyone know of a
> regex that can determine if a string is a valid IPv6 address?

KAME Project has IPv6 patch for its IPv6 stack.
I've ported Python IPv6 patch from KAME Project into Linux IPv6 stack,
(The patch is available on Linux IPv6 Appplication Porject FTP site.
 Please see below.) but I'm not familiar to Python, so I did not
check whether it works well or not.

Unfortunately, Linux IPv6 stack does not have sockaddr_in6.sin6_scope_id
member, so features that use that field will not work correctly at this
moment.  There should be Linux ad hoc solutions, but they must be treated
obsolate.  The Linux IPv6 Users Group JP will claim the netdev / kernel
and glibc developers to add sin6_socpe_id member to the sockaddr_in6
structure.

Please see Linux IPv6 Porting Project Homepage and JOIN US!!!

WEB: http://chiharu.v6.linux.or.jp/%7Eyoshfuji/ports-devel/
FTP: ftp://ftp2.v6.linux.or.jp/pub/Linux/IPv6-2/

--
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI <yoshfuji@ecei.tohoku.ac.jp>
Web Page: http://www.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/%7Eyoshfuji/