Re: postfix ipv6

Arkadiusz Mi¶kiewicz <misiek@misiek.eu.org> writes:

> This is bad thing ;-)
>
> Also you should use getaddrinfo() && getnameinfo() instead gethostbyaddr() etc.,
> avoid sockaddr_in and sockaddr_in6; use sockaddr_storage etc....

I'm not the author of the patches, I'm just helping him test them
since most of his stuff is fbsd with the kame stack, and his email
address is on the web site I posted in my mail to the list.  I do know
he's in the process of reworking major portions of the patches, it'll
probably be a few days before an updated patch is available as I think
he's still out of town.

> Another thing:
> Jul 19 21:18:39 linstar postfix/smtp[1212]: 31CA426107: to=<misiek@ipv6.zsz2.starachowice.pl>, relay=none, delay=0, status=bounced (Name service error for domain linstar.ipv6.zsz2.starachowice.pl: Host not found)
> while
> root@linstar /root# host -t MX ipv6.zsz2.starachowice.pl
> ipv6.zsz2.starachowice.pl mail is handled (pri=0) by linstar.ipv6.zsz2.starachowice.pl
>
> and linstar.ipv6.zsz2.starachowice.pl has _only_ IPv6 address.

hmmm, I'll hafta do some more testing on my end and see if I can track
that down..

> ps. small patch for your patch ;)
> -+#ifdef INET6
> ++#if defined(INET6) && !defined(linux)

this was basically the way I patched this first, but to avoid
tampering with the nrl stack I changed this test to detect a glibc2.1
system, since just testing for linux wasn't clear enough.  The testing
packages I made for this are already patched as such and compile cleanly.

Marc