Re: Apache-common on pandora

On Mon, 30 August 1999 22:22:37 +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> The apache-common on pandora appears to be an IPv6-enabled version
> which does not appear in the main archive.  Unfortunately, it still
> has a dependency on perl rather than perl5 or perl5 | perl.

The "old" one was old, yes.
Only recently Remco put together some packages from Takuro
Kitame (I hope I get his name right) and put them on
ftp.ipv6.nl which is up and running again, though ftp does
not work (Hint! <g>).

The IPv6 enabled version of the current 1.3.6 apache does
work with vhosts and at least works stable with IPv4, I
tested it on a rather busy machine (www.freedb.org and
stuff running there).

> Does anyone on this list know who installed it or is able
> to install a version with the newly correct dependency
> information?  It is impossible to install perl-5.005 on
> pandora with apt at present, without removing apache
> (which would be unacceptable, of course).

Someone (Remco) may / should try to get the .deb to pandora
so someone could just dpkg -i them or something.

Alexander

--
Oh, I dunno. I could come up with lots of similarities between the god of
the Old Testament and WIndows NT. <wednesday@tezcat.com>