Re: New version 16.0.139 of keyman package uploaded to mentors.debian.net

On 2023-03-20 20:20, Eberhard Beilharz wrote:
Hi Gunnar,

So now you have two options:

1. Ask the release team for an unblock
https://release.debian.org/testing/freeze_policy.html#appropriate

2. Leave it as is, and let it stay at version 16.0.138-4 in Debian 12.

I uploaded 16.0.139-2 to mentors which excludes building on s390x. We
changed that a year ago to build on "any" after a discussion on the
Debian Input Method mailing list
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-input-method/2022/03/msg00095.html>,
but it turns out that Keyman is actually not working on s390x
because it doesn't yet support big endian architecture (see upstream
bug #5111 <https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/5111>) - a fact
I had forgotten back then. So I hope that's an acceptable option in
addition to the two you listed 😁.

It is indeed. ;)

TBH I had the same thought, but since my guesses about the bits and pieces of the Debian infrastructure have proved to not be very reliable, I kept my mouth shut.

Anyway, it's worth a try. Just sponsored it.

(I won't sync this to Ubuntu since 16.0.139-1 migrated to lunar-release.)

--
Gunnar