Re: fcitx5-keyman: Missing dependency on s390x

On 2022-03-24 16:24, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 11:15 PM Gunnar Hjalmarsson
<gunnarhj@debian.org> wrote:

Hello!

At Ubuntu they have just tried to rebuild the whole archive. When
studying the result, I noticed a failed builddep for fcitx5-keyman
on s390x: "Depends: libkmnkbp-dev but it is not installable"

Now that's not surprising, since libkmnkbp-dev is currently not
built on s390x. From debian/changelog of keyman-keyboardprocessor:

Package: libkmnkbp-dev Architecture: amd64 arm64 armel armhf i386
mipsel mips64el ppc64el riscv64

So maybe we should change "Architecture:" in fcitx5-keyman to
reflect that (instead of "any").

Why?

I thought that a build failure on an official port prevented migration.

If there are known issues in fcitx5-keyman on s390x, then yes it
should be.

IIRC there is a known issue in keyman-keyboardprocessor on s390x, which is the reason why it currently builds only on certain archs.

If it's only because some dependencies are not available on some
architectures, then that's not necessary. When ibkmnkbp-dev becomes
available on s390x, then fcitx5-keyman can be picked up by buildd
automatically.

Maybe I have misunderstood the prerequisites for migration to testing (and the equivalent "-release" on Ubuntu). If it works as you say without causing a need for manual intervention to make it migrate, then I suppose we can leave it as is.

--
Gunnar