Re: New version 15.0.274 of keyman package uploaded to mentors.debian.net

Eberhard,

On 2022-12-03 13:27, Eberhard Beilharz wrote:
On 12/2/22 18:15, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
15.0.273-1 has not reached testing yet. Do you still want to upload
the next version already?

Yes, that would be nice. We're trying to keep the version numbers on
the different platforms in sync (besides Linux/Debian, Keyman is
released for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web). In fact, 15.0.274
doesn't have any changes on the Linux side and is a re-release with
increased version number. But for the sake of consistent version
numbers across the platforms we're supporting, it would be good to
get 15.0.274 in unstable.

I see. And my point is that if somebody would have sponsored your latest proposal in mentors too early, the migration of 15.0.273 to testing would have been replaced by the migration of 15.0.274, and thus the changes in 15.0.273 would have been delayed with respect to testing.

So I'm going to wait until tomorrow to avoid such a delay.

Another thing: My latest activity with input method packages has been focused on broken debian/watch files in order to avoid unnecessary noise in the todo list for our team:

https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?debian-input-method%40lists.debian.org#todo

I haven't touched 'your' three packages there yet:

  ibus-kmfl
  kmflcomp
  libkmfl

You let us know previously this year that you have stopped updating those packages. Would you mind if I make team uploads in order to simply delete their debian/watch files?

--
Cheers,
Gunnar