Re: libime_0.0~git20200831.e05fdd3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:18 AM Thorsten Alteholz
<ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> debian/* is not the right place to hide data or other software. Please create separate source packages for them.

There are two parts in debian/.

1. debian/data, which is only used by libime, upstream just happens to
put them on its website, not in source code repo. During package
building, these files will be transformed to binary format.
2. debian/kenlm, this is a third party library. But libime uses it in
a non-standard way, using source files directly.
https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/libime/-/blob/master/src/libime/core/CMakeLists.txt#L2-L12.

We can use methods like multi upstream orig tarball. But it brings
extra complexity for packaging. But if this method is preferred, we
can figure out how to use MUT.
But I don't think another one/two source packages are needed.

> Please also explain in a README, why a library needs tons of data.

As a library for input methods, they need information for all
characters and expressions.
For libime, it's designed for Chinese, and like all CJK, there are
tons of characters. So the data is big.

If the above info makes sense, I will add them to README.source.

--
Shengjing Zhu