TouchPad Elantec not working with Debian 10

Dear all,

I hope here is the correct mailing list for that, if not please redirect
me to the correct one.

I am desperately looking for some help to make my touchpad work on my
brand new laptop : Terra FR1220638
I totally removed Windows to install latest Debian buster.

The TouchPad is recognized by the graphical interface (Cinnamon / GNOME
/ GNOME with X) both using synaptics or not.

When I plug a mouse, I get the message "mouse is plugged in, touchpad is
deactivated".
When I unplug the mouse, I get "mouse unpluged, touchpad is activated".

So far so good, but it is impossible for me to get any xev : not only
the buttons do not work, but also not the pad.

I checked with a live Windows OS, the touchpad works like a charm.

libinput finds the device "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad" at "/dev/input/event6"

However libinput record /dev/input/event6 does not show any event

By the way, I got 2 mice at /dev/input/mouse0 and /dev/input/mouse1

Can anyone please guide me through the troubleshooting process ?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno