Migration from old "IME Packaging Team" to "Debian Input Method Team" complete, and future works (actions needed)

Dear Debian Input Method Team fellows and users,

FYI, all packages that previously listed under "IME Packaging Team <
pkg-ime-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>" has (finally) been moved under the new
"Debian Input Method Team <debian-input-method@lists.debian.org>". We also
have a dedicated Salsa GitLab team ([0]) now. The impact of decomission of
Alioth platform will not affect IME packages in Debian 10 anymore.

I guess there's still some more works to do before Buster freeze:

1. Some of the git packaging repositories are left under Salsa Debian group (
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ ) instead of separate
https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/ namespace. That is not too big a
problem since we may manually grant team access to individual git repos so
that everyone in the team may have access to the repo. However, any duplicated
repositories should be removed (either handled by ourselves or by sending
request to Salsa support team [1]).

2. With Debian Buster, GNOME desktop will enable Wayland by default. However,
no input method supports Wayland except IBus. Fcitx project is developing
fcitx5 that provides Wayland support by default; however, one of fcitx5's
dependencies is currently stuck in the NEW queue [2]. As a result, fcitx5
won't be available in Debian Buster (Debian 10).

We will have to adjust default installation so that users won't have broken
input method out-of-box. This might include:

  * Potential adjustment in im-config tool, and
  * Potential adjustment to tasksel.

For im-config, we really should look into Ubuntu's patches for im-config; and
for tasksel we might have to ship ibus instead of fcitx or any other input
methods when choosing GNOME, or at least we need to add warnings to im-config,
fcitx-diagnose or similar software.

3. With the freeze approaching, testing is needed for all packages and
software. Please test input-method-related packages that you use everyday and
send your testing results, bug reports and patches back! Any kind of help will
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/