Re: ibus-libpinyin 1.9.2 in Ubuntu

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 10:27:59AM +0100, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
> Hi ChangZhuo!
>
> In April Ubuntu will release Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and we would like to provide
> ibus-libpinyin 1.9.2 as the default IM for Simplified Chinese.
>
> So we are about to build these packages from Debian experimental in the
> Ubuntu archive:
>
> * ibus-libpinyin 1.9.2-1~exp1
> * fcitx-libpinyin 0.5.2-1~exp1
> * libpinyin 2.1.0-1~exp3
>
> As regards libpinyin we think it's motivated to exclude the libzhuyin13 and
> libzhuyin-dev binaries when building. That way e.g. ibus-libzhuyin and
> fcitx-zhuyin (which depend on libzhuyin7) can co-exist with ibus-libpinyin
> and fcitx-libpinyin. (I'm not sure if ibus-libzhuyin works properly anyway,
> though.)

I tested ibus-libzhuyin in experimental today, and I can type Chinese
words without any problem. So I think it is good.

If there is no problem, I prefer to update libpinyin and libzhuyin
together to the new version. It would be easily to maintain since we
only need to deal with single source tarball.

> I made an attempt to instead build the versions of ibus-libzhuyin and
> fcitx-zhuyin in the Debian archive with libzhuyin-dev 2.1.0, but wasn't
> successful. I suppose it's more into it. Is this something you are aware of?

Current ibus-libzhuyin was built with libzhuyin-dev 2.1.0, so it shall
be no problem. I will check if anything go wrong.

I don't remember building fcitx-zhuyin with libzhuyin-dev 2.1.0, will
also check it as well.

> A more general question: Why are the updated libpinyin and friends still in
> experimental? Are you aware of any issues which would speak against our plan
> as described above?

Just too busy to deal with this transition.

--
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) czchen@{czchen,debconf,debian}.org
http://czchen.info/