Hardware at UBCECE, part II

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:

> it seems we have lost the link to one of the server rooms at UBCECE. The
> effected room hosts the following machines:
[ bellini brahms cimarosa dijkstra duarte geo2 morricone paganini ravel
respighi stabile valente wolkenstein]

That outage from the weekend was caused by some sort of UPS failure
which took down quite a bit of infrastructure there.  Since the weekend
stuff has been on manual UPS bypass.

Today, starting at around 1400Z (i.e. some 4 or so hours from now)  a service
technician will investigate more closely.  The process of moving things back to
UPS power might involve taking our machines down for a bit.

Cheers,
Peter