Re: Important packages that are broken ia64

> On Aug 9, 2023, at 18:48, Jason Duerstock <jason.duerstock@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Did you finish the git bisect?  What was the commit that broke it?

Not yet - 2 more steps to go. I am taking care of this in small slices of free time.

> On Aug 9, 2023, at 23:12, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> Are you sure you didn't overwrite the "debian" entry?

Pretty sure this problem is not in grubia64.efi. The timestamp of the one in the EFI/debian folder is not changing. Still, the broken/good state always affects both the one in the EFI/grub folder (which is updated with each build) and the one in the EFI/debian folder (which has been staying the same. This suggests whatever the problem is, it is in a file present in the root filesystem and is shared by both boot entries.

Given rescue is able to restore grub to a working condition, this isn’t much of a problem. Just take a little longer and involves a bit more work.