Ruby on ia64 (was "Is IA64 still relevant?")

Hello Samuel, thanks for getting in touch.

On Sat, Jun 01, 2019 at 07:37:10PM +1200, Samuel Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m maintaining some assembly level features for MRI (Ruby) and I’m
> thinking about dropping support for IA64.
>
> No one on the core team has the hardware to test it AFAIK.
>
> I invite you to comment here: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15894
> <https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15894>
>
> Kind regards,
> Samuel

ia64 is no longer an official Debian architecture, what means that
issues on ia64 are not considered blockers for a Debian release. As the
Debian ruby maintainer, I no longer care about ia64 myself.

However, there is still a group of porters who do care about it, and as
long as they are testing it and providing me patches, I'm happy to apply
them. In fact, I have just made a new upload to Debian that applies an
ia64-specific patch.

ia64 porter team, you probably want to comment on the issue that Samuel
linked to:

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15894