Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-12

> On Apr 15, 2019, at 6:10 PM, Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:
>
> Update for rx4640, see below:
>
> Indeed the rx4640 behaves differently than the rx2620, despite the same
> chipset and the older Itanium processors. The installation works through
> identically to the rx2660 (with the earlier mentioned manual "help"). No
> error messages like on the rx2620. I'm not sure why this is like that,
> though.
>
> As an additional test I will try the resulting on-disk installation
> performed on the rx4640 on the rx2620.

I think we should get the bootloader installation sorted out first so users don’t get stuck in the end once elilo gets installed.

Is there any chance you could test-install GRUB on any of your machines so we can find out what modifications are necessary to get grub-installer work on ia64?

I assume we don’t need to change much as the environment behaves very similar to x86_64.

If we’re lucky, it’s just a matter of enabling the grub-installer package on ia64 and add “ia64” to the architecture matching for “amd64-efi”.

Adrian