Re: [Stretch] Status for architecture qualification

Hi,

On Sun, 2016-06-05 at 13:26 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> sh4:
>

> The two biggest issues with sh4 are currently with binutils and the
> kernel. binutils has problems when building Qt5:

There is in fact another big elephant in the room, which I have
mentioned several times before...

The atomic model that is currently being used on sh4-linux works only
on SH3* and SH4* single-core systems.  Packages built for the current
sh4-linux will not work on multi-core systems like SH7786...

There should be two distinct builds .. sh4-linux with the current
atomic model (-matomic-model=soft-gusa) and sh4a-linux with the newer
-matomic-model=hard-llcs.  I think it would be the easiest thing for
Debian to switch the whole thing to SH4A only and drop the older SH4.

I will add a GCC configure option to allow changing the default atomic
model.  Currently it's hardcoded to -matomic-model=soft-gusa for sh3
-linux or sh4*-linux.

Cheers,
Oleg

(GCC SH Maintainer)