Re: kernel in stable breaks gdb (on merulo)

Greetings!

Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> This one time, at band camp, Patrick Baggett said:
> > Hi Camm,
> > On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Camm Maguire <camm@maguirefamily.org>wrote:
> >
> > > Greetings!  gdb stops with SIGTRAP at 0 on merulo, the sole debian ia64
> > > porterbox.  This is a known bug fixed in later versions of the 3.2
> > > kernel series:
> > >
> > > http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-ia64@lists.debian.org/msg03404.html
> > >
> > > For some reason we are having trouble upgrading the kernel in the stable
> > > release, and debian-admin won't upgrade the merulo kernel without this.
> > > What is blocking the progress here?
> >

> I would have thought Camm should try, at a guess, the maintainers of
> the kernel, as they should have something to do with uploads of the
> kernel.  Maybe I've missed something, though.

Indeed -- thanks!  By way of further information, I can report that Dann
Frazier has tried the kernel package in stable on his machine and can
use gdb without issue.  So would it be possible for the kernel
maintainers listed above to determine why this bug, ostensibly fixed, is
still present at merulo?

Take care,
--
Camm Maguire			     		    camm@maguirefamily.org