Re: kernel in stable breaks gdb

Hi,

This one time, at band camp, Patrick Baggett said:
> Hi Camm,
> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Camm Maguire <camm@maguirefamily.org>wrote:
>
> > Greetings!  gdb stops with SIGTRAP at 0 on merulo, the sole debian ia64
> > porterbox.  This is a known bug fixed in later versions of the 3.2
> > kernel series:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-ia64@lists.debian.org/msg03404.html
> >
> > For some reason we are having trouble upgrading the kernel in the stable
> > release, and debian-admin won't upgrade the merulo kernel without this.
> > What is blocking the progress here?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the problem completely, but this seems like an
> administrative issue. Is there a technical issue that ia64 users can help
> you with or is this directed at those who have control over the ia64 porter
> boxes exclusively?

From over here, it seems to me that Camm wants a fixed kernel uploaded
to backports, and he's trying to reach the ia64 porters to assist with
that.  I'm not sure why he thinks a fixed bug is a porting issue, but
that's what it looks like to me.

I would have thought Camm should try, at a guess, the maintainers of
the kernel, as they should have something to do with uploads of the
kernel.  Maybe I've missed something, though.

Cheers,