Re: Potential issues for most ports (Was: Re: Bits from the Release Team (Jessie freeze info))

On 2013-11-03 16:03, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> On 03/11/13 10:54, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> Come to think of it; maybe we should have a BTS page for each of the
>> ports (e.g. a pseudo package in the BTS).
>
> We've had this on kfreebsd, due it to having been a release goal:
>
> http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi?release=jessie_or_sid&merged=ign&fnewerval=7&kfreebsd=1&sortby=severity&sorto=desc&cseverity=1&ctags=1

Actually, I meant a "real" BTS page (e.g. like [1]) rather than "just" a
list of tagged bugs.  The list of tagged bugs definitely have it uses,
but it does not give me an overview of which bugs should be fixed by the
maintainer of the given package and which the porters should fix.

> It uses usertags, but someone has to set those.  Porters usually set
> them on bugs they file;  but quite often "FTBFS on kfreebsd" bugs are
> filed without being tagged or Cc'd to our list, so someone has to
> periodically look for and tag things.
>
> Regards,

In this regard; I am guilty of filing some those bugs without tagging
them.  Honestly, adding the tags get a bit in the way right now.  If a
package FTBFS on 4 architectures, I have to dig up 3-4 different
usertags (with different "user") and associate it with the bug.
  Do we have a tool you can give a source package, a version plus a list
of architectures and it will generate a bug with the right tags?  I
think that would help a lot for me.

~Niels

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/release.debian.org