Re: HP RX2620 don't boot wheezy
I think it isn't a known problem, which you are experiencing.
Since the details arent' clear for me yet, please, could you give some
When you tried a fresh install of Wheezy ...
- What CD image did you use? If it is a weekly build, the build date
would be relevant as well.
- The CD boots; you see the boot menu with the options "Install/
Install [Expert mode]/ Rescue". You choose "Install" or "Install
[Expert mode]. Did you see
Uncompressing Linux... done
Loading file \initrd.gz...done
... and a lot of messages of the starting kernel?
- The main menu of the Installer appears at next. Did you see it?
Did you have trouble when the initrd is being *installed* by the
installer or during the dist-upgrade - or - when you attempt to *boot
I try install by netinst CD and via a upgrade from squeeze, in both I have
problems in the initrd step
What error messages of the installer did you see?
What error messages during the dist-upgrade did you see?
When booting of the *installed* kernel/initrd failed, did you see the
- one line with the ELILO version number "3.14",
- Uncompressing Linux... done
- Loading file \initrd.gz...done
- a lot of messages of the starting kernel?
You have to give me four answers here ;-); one answer for each bullet.
Did you use a local display and keyboard (connected with a VGA/USB
cable) or just a tty? (I'd prefer a local display in order to examine