Da: Émeric Maschino [mailto:emeric.maschino@gmail.com]
Inviato: lunedì 1 ottobre 2012 17:18
A: Bettoni Fabio
Cc: debian-ia64@lists.debian.org
Oggetto: Re: Apt-get dist-upgrade squeeze->wheezy

Hi,

> If I boot old installed squeeze kernel I get a loop of:
>
> udevd[437]: unable to receive ctrl connection: Function not
> implemented

This has been fixed in recent kernels. See

> Do you have any idea how to go on ?

I can imagine two workarounds:
- either keep you current Squeeze kernel and downgrade udev (and related packages) to the previous version (that did not require kernel's accept4 syscall)
- or keep your current udev and upgrade to a newer kernel (backported from Wheezy if necessary) that implement accept4 syscall.

In both scenarii, you probably need to perform the downgrade/upgrade from a chroot environment.

On my side, I originally installed Wheezy months (years?) ago using debootstrap from a working minimal Squeeze installation (pre-udev issue however) on a separate HDD.

Perhaps can you follow the same (long) route?

     Emeric

Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla sua distruzione, Grazie.

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail, Thanks.