To the List

Dear friends, I am not a programmer but a physician 53 years old, who like pcs and need to establish a secure system in his computer. I chose the architecture ia64 but I will need help to set up this software. You are experts. Perhaps you could help me directly or guide me to some forum according my knowledge. I have burned one dvd with ia64 package, but have doubts at the moment of begin if I will not have then support.
I´d like establish in my computer one area of security with internal codification and then try one virtual box. I have suffered various verified interferences from a known group I cannot denounce. They have power and money and I have not those things. As in the 90´s -when we use Internet as worthy and free instrument- I am asking you for help waiting for a favorable answer. Thank you in advance.
Pablo