Debian in IBM x455

Hi all,
I am trying to install Debian GNU/Linux in a IBM x455.
With a DVD from stable (4.0r6) kernel boots correctly and the
installation app runs smoothly until the copy files, then the installer
turns red and says:
"Failure trying to run: chroot /target dpkg --force-depends --install
var/cache/apt/archives/base-passwd_3.5.11_ia64.deb
var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_4_ia64.deb"
I have tried also the testing CD installer and stops in the scsi lines,
the last it shows are:
" sd 0:0:0:0:Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
scsi 0:0:0:0:Attached scsi generic sg1 type 3"

I run the diags and all is fine, no scsi controllers or disk problems.
CentOS installs correctly and I would like to install and use Debian
testing, but stable would be good enough.
Anybody can help?
Thank you very much.

Chema.
(Please add a reply to my email, I am not subscribed to the list)