Re: debian-502a-ia64-netinstal cd on Intel Dual Core CPU Dell laptop

Randhir Phagura wrote:
Hi,
Can someone put me wise on whether the above cd will install on my Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop with Intel dual core CPU. I have tried but the CD does not boot. But I have been able to install the i386 version of Debian.
However, would like ia64 version, if possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Randhir Phagura

You want the x86_64 or amd64 version for that cpu.

--
Zan Lynx
zlynx@acm.org

"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."