Re: sporatic failure to boot on sgi750

I've got a HP i2000 which afaiu is just the same as SGI 750. And I've
encountered exactly the same problem with *every* Debian 2.6 kernel,
from Sarge 2.6.8 on. It seems like there's something totally wrong
with Debian 2.6 kernels on Merced, as the kernels I've built myself
boot just fine. I do, however, stay with Sarge 2.4.27 because there're
some problems with NVidia driver with any 2.6 kernel I've tried.
No luck for us Merced people :)
Still the machine with Sarge is quite usable. In fact, it's usable
enough to be my main workstation.