Re: Boot problem.

On 21 May 2007, at 10:23 am, Álvaro Eixea wrote:

Hi:

I have downloaded the four DVD iso's of Etch for ia64.
I have burned it with k3b with no problem but when i
try to  install it, the first boot DVD don't boot.

It seems like it is no bootable DVD. I am installing
in a  ASUS Z92J without floppy drive and i don't know
how to put the instalation process to work.

Debian IA64 is for machines with the Itanium processor. It does not work on machines with the 64-bit X86 processors (such as the AMD Opteron, or Intel Xeon EM64T, or Core2 Duo)

For those you need to download the amd64 architecture ISOs.

Tim