Re: Altix 330?

Hi,

I just tried the etch cd on our Altix 350. There is effectively a bug filled
(408588) for the console problem at startup and the workaround is still to
use CONSOLE=ttySG0 (uppercase for CONSOLE is important).

After that, the installation will go fine. When you reboot in the new
installed system, you will have no console to log in at the end of the boot
process. One workaround is to boot on the installation cd, mount the new
installed root filesystem and add a 'getty' entry for ttySG0 in
the /etc/inittab file. Also add the ttySG0 entry in the /etc/securetty.

The way I found to correct this thing when installing was to do a post-install
script (http://rad.bioinfo.ulaval.ca/Members/steph/91altix - forget the Part
2 and 3 in it). This is basically the 90console script that I modified for
the altix console. Dann, what do you think would be the best way to add the
ttySG0 in inittab and securetty at the end of the installation?

Bye!

Stéphane Larose