Re: moving rh to debian

    If it's 'booting' alternatively from one controller to the other, it
sounds like the problem is occurring before you even get to the kernel
and the modules, dev structure, etc. That sounds more like an EFI problem.
    However, if it's booting the kernel from the correct device but then
alternatively using the wrong device as the root partition, that's more
in line with these suggestions. If you can't get one module to load
before the other (or it doesn't help), I'd suggest compiling the
megaraid controller into the kernel (I'm assuming the megaraid hosts
your root partition), and loading the qla as a module. This does of
course require that you recompile your kernel, which could prove more
difficult than fixing the module order.

Good luck!