Re: Cannot switch my redhat to debian

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 10:00:15PM +0200, De Leeuw Guy wrote:
> Hello Dan,
>
> Thanks for your help
> I build my own kernel and just change :
> nova:~# diff /boot/config-2.6.16-1-mckinley-smp /boot/config-2.6.16-guy
> 3,4c3,4
> < # Linux kernel version: 2.6.16
> < # Thu May  4 13:04:43 2006
> ---
> > # Linux kernel version: 2.6.16-guy
> > # Fri May 26 14:14:26 2006
> 1041c1041,1047
> < # CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX_EMBEDDED_FIRMWARE is not set
> ---
> > CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX_EMBEDDED_FIRMWARE=y
> > # CONFIG_SCSI_QLA21XX is not set
> > CONFIG_SCSI_QLA22XX=m
> > CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2300=m
> > CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2322=m
> > # CONFIG_SCSI_QLA6312 is not set
> > # CONFIG_SCSI_QLA24XX is not set
>
> I download the firmware from qlogic web site
> And I can boot, mount my FC disks :-).
> The problem now is that the next boot change the driver order (one time
> megaraid first, another time qla2300 first) it is possible to force
> megaraid first ?

You can try adding megaraid to /etc/mkinitramfs/modules - maybe that
will cause it to be loaded first?

You could also modify your /etc/fstab and /etc/elilo.conf files to
permit this other order.

Or, if you want to avoid issues like this altogether,  you can try
using the udev /dev/disk/by-* names, which should provide a static
mapping that's not affected by driver load order.

--
dann frazier