Re: dropping CONFIG_IA32_SUPPORT from ia64

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 08:40:48AM -0700, Luck, Tony wrote:
> > in the pre-Montecito IPF CPUs.  AFAIK, the exact same binary is even
> > used both for the Windows and Linux versions of IA32EL.

<snip>
> The rest of the ia32-el package is open source ... which should
> provide enough documentation on how the OS-level code interfaces
> to the instruction execution engine to allow it to be replaced.

Possibly a stupid question, but I couldn't find any information in the
(afaik) only released Montecito documentation (the Optimization guide).

Has the br.ia completer been removed from the architecture? Or will
it generate a trap which can be caught and the translator invoked?

The doc only references added insns, not those removed from the arch.

Cheers,
	Kyle