Re: LVM installation

I seem to recall that you have to first partition the disks using a specific format type (fd?), then use those predefined partitions to complete the LVM setup. The idea is that you must define the physical layout so LVM can make a virtual layout on the disks. I did this with my rx4640-4 to create a software raid structure, and got a very similar error when I failed to create partitions of type fd before attempting to define the software raid. You may already understand all this (or my memory could be horribly wrong), in which case you should probably just ignore me =)

~marc

Emeric Maschino wrote:

Hi,

I've noticed that debian-installer now provides the choice to erase a
disk and perform an LVM installation. However, when I'm trying this
option, I'm getting an error during the disk partitionning step saying
that "This happened because the selected recipe does not contain any
partition that can be created on LVM volume". Is this an expected
behaviour? I didn't find relevant hits on the web. If this issue is
*really* a problem, is it specific to the IA-64 architecture or also
noticeable on other architectures?

Regards,

       Émeric