Re: 32-bits applications

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 09:25 +1100, Ian Wienand wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 10:58:50AM -0700, Zan Lynx wrote:
> > Maybe someone else has a good link explaining the best ways to get GUI
> > apps running in a chroot?
>
> http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/IA64wiki/XinChroot
>
> is probably a good place to start.
>
> I'm not sure if it describes the single best way to do anything, but
> it's a WiKi so feel free to edit it.  For the original poster with the
> thin client; I think maybe the Xnest type solution might be good; or
> maybe setting up vncserver which the clients connect back to.
>
> -i

Thanks for the link.

Although it doesn't help me (not that I need to use it for anything
real).  Read section 2 on that wiki page:
        2. Desktop Environments
        KDE and Gnome tend to start a lot of daemons doing different
        things. If you have both a native version running, and try to
        run a version in the chroot it will probably not work.

Exactly the problem I ran into last time I tried it. :-)
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx@acm.org>