Debian on SGI Altix IA-64

Hello,

We have tried to install Debian on SGI Altix Itanium servers. Since it didn't
worked out neither with Sarge nor with Etch netinst CD, we decided to dig into
the problem to find out why. We modified an Etch netinst CD that now installs
without any problem on SGI Altix IA-64 systems (tested on Altix 350 - 2 CPU
and on Altix 3700 - 32 CPU).

If anybody is interested, you can find the CD and a text describing what
we did to make it work at:

http://rad.bioinfo.ulaval.ca/hardware/altixia64/

We are willing to help to get the final Etch CD working on SGI Altix. Please,
let us know if we can be of any help.

Thanks!

Stéphane