Re: Java under Itanium?

I run jrockit on our Debian machines with success (HP RX 2600) .

On 14 Jun 2006, at 4:34 pm, Marc Lemaire wrote:

I run Sun 1.4.2 (released from sun as j2sdk-1_4_2_12-linux-ia64.bin). I found reference to an ia64 1.5 release, but couldn't find it at sun. This version is available at by going to:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

And clicking on 'Download J2SE SDK'. As for installation: I expanded it, put the resulting directory in /usr (/usr/j2sdk1.4.2_12) and symlinked /usr/java to it. Then I added /usr/java/bin to the global path in /etc/profile, and set JAVA_HOME to /usr/java. This allows easy upgrade to 1.5 whenever I get around to finding it (or someone gets around to releasing it).

Sun have not released Java 1.5 for IA64. Neither do they plan to, as far as I can tell.

However, there are other companies which do. We run this one on our Altixes (not Debian, but it should work under Debian too, I'd have thought):

http://www.bea.com/framework.jsp?CNT=index.htm&FP=/content/products/jrockit

Regards,

Tim