Re: Firefox locale packages still crashing during install

Emeric,

Since I was working on fixing mozilla-firefox anyhow, I decided to
take another look at this problem and it turns out that a rebuild does
NOT fix the problem.  Instead, the root cause for this crash is due to
an ia64-specific bug in the XPCOM facility.  Specifically, any XPCOM
call with more than 7 arguments would cause garbage to be passed in
arguments 8-N and that could easily lead to a crash.  In the case of
update-mozilla-firefox-chrome, it was a call to a JavaScript method
that triggered this bug (easily verified by invoking mozilla-firefox
-debug and then typing "r -register" inside gdb).

I have a patch and will post it shortly after some more testing.

	--david