Re: ia64 stability problems on HP rx2600-2

It is unfortunate, but it is possible to insert the hotswap drive carriages into the rx2600/zx6000 machines poorly, so that they appear to be "locked in" but actually have a poor (but not zero) connection to the SCSI bus. This can lead to subtle failures, triggered by vibration or thermal cycling.

Just in case this is what you're seeing (do you swap to any of the hotswap drives? If so, that might explain the kernel panics... ), try this:

- remove all the drives that you have (including any blank 'spacers')
- reinsert them one by one, pushing them in as far as you can while keeping the latch "open" (you may have to hold it out), until it really does stop sliding in any further, and only _then_ latch it in. Of course, there's no need to force anything...

FWIW, I'm running software RAID 1 on a zx6000 (almost the same hardware, basically) with 2.6.9 and it seems to run fine, it's certainly been up more than a week and gets a pretty heavy disk load too.

I'm not sure why 2.6.10 isn't giving you a serial console, sorry :(

	Hope this helps,

	Duraid