NVIDIA Strange problem, Strange fix

As mentioned earlier on this list, I was having trouble getting KDE
to run. Moving to 2.6.10 actually made no difference.
I was getting an error message in XFree86.0.log when trying to
install glx. Dlopen would report an undefined symbol for
libGLcore. I treied my earlier trick of setting LD_PRELOAD
to '/usr/lib/tls/libGL.so /usr/lib/tls/libGLcore.so.1'
This allowed KDE to load and run. But I still didn't have
glx. (Same error in the log file) I then noticed that Dlopen was
reporting the file as /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1 when it should have
been /usr/lib/tls/libGLcore.so.1. So I made the file in /usr/lib
be a softlink to the one in /usr/lib/tls   This Worked!

I don't understand why dlopen was taking the wrong file. Running
ldd on libglx.so shows that it expects to use the tls version.

I am convinced that there are still problems in the loader for ia64
and I hope the above clues will help sort it out.

Richard Harke