zx2000

Hi,

I acquired an HP zx2000 system. I had to then aquire an Itanium 2 cpu, vrm etc.

I got the system assembled but I've got a couple of questions

First the system starts up the power led is lit but the system led flashes green colour, there is no display on the vdu.

The system has a pci radeon 7000 vga card I wondered is it that the system requires an agp card to display on the vdu.

This leads to the second question - do you have to use the supported cards, disks etc listed by HP, or can you use unsupported cards, disks etc if your using an os such as Debian?

sincerely,

Peter Watkinson
peter.watkinson1@ntlworld.com