Re: ia32el package for Debian?

  Randolph> can you actually run qemu on ia64? it didn't work for me
  Randolph> when i tried last week.

You and me both (well, I tried a long time ago, but I did check and
there is no debian package for qemu on ia64 either).

  Randolph> is there any way to host an x86 kernel on an ia64 system
  Randolph> (using qemu, uml, or whatever...)

Well, there is bochs.  Last time I tried (long time ago), it didn't do
much on ia64.  I just tried again and, boy, it's pretty cool!

I just did:

	$ apt-get install bochs bochs-x

Then fetched a Linux diskimage from:

	http://bochs.sourceforge.net/diskimages.html

extracted it, cd'd into the directory and typed "bochs" and it booted
right into a single-user shell:

 # cat /proc/cpuinfo
 processor       : 0
 vendor_id       : GenuineIntel