RX2600, SmartArray controller 6402 and Dell Array

Hi!
No debian/software problem, but perhaps somewhere might help...

After we decided to take a RAID-Controller instead of using softraid .. the
rx2600 is working fine with the internal two drives ... debian unstable is
running faster as fast ... ;-)
BUT: we are unable to connect the external Dell array which is working fine with
a Dell RAID controller, a Adaptec RAID controller and the controller in a quite
new Compaq ProLiant ...
connecting the array to the smartArray controller, it failed to initalize (error
92) and it is also unable to find the both internal drives on the first channel
although the external is connected to the second one ...

Philipp