Re: help with getting toolchain/libc up to sniff?

  >> Now the problem is that I'd really need help to get these patches
  >> integrated into Debian.  Any help in that direction would be
  >> greatly appreciated (especially since I'll be distracted with my
  >> move back to California over the next few days).

  Goto> Is this modification needed seriously for libunwind?

Not just libunwind, for Debian/ia64 in general.  If the unwind info is
wrong, a program that uses any kind of exception-handling may
malfunction (as is demonstrated by the additional libjava successes
we're getting when the fixes are applied).  Of course, the fixes are
also needed for libunwind to work properly; without them, backtraces
may be bogus or a local unwind could even crash a program if it leads
to a bad memory access.

  Goto> If so, could you provide descriptions about this change to
  Goto> changelog files?

Sure thing.  I'll resend the patch with some documentation added.

	--david