install problem with debian linux on Itanium 2 rx2600 hp server

Hello,
     I tried to install debian linux on a hp rx2600 Itanium 2 server, it
the installation process hangs. The Linux image is uncompressed and then
the initrd is loaded to the system but after these steps system hangs.
I tried with hp debian linux Enablement image also. The initial menu is
displayed but when a menu item is selected the linux image is
uncompressed and then the initrd is loaded and the system hangs?

Any help on this?

Thanks,
Kallol