Re: Batch system?

On 26 May 2004, at 7:11 am, Kenneth Geisshirt wrote:

I run a small Itanium based cluster <http://supertux.ruc.dk>. Operating system is Debian GNU/Linux (testing). The cluster has one frontend and 6 compute nodes

Currently I don't have a batch/queue system. OpenPBS does not support Itanium (and the pacth I found somewhere does not work). GNU Queue seems to be broken (assumes 32 bits syscalls).

I would like to run OpenPBS since most clusters (at least in Denmark) seems to be using it (which makes the migration for users easier). Is there just one individual who successfully has compiled OpenPBS? Or any other quequing system?

It costs money, but Platform LSF supports Linux on Itanium systems. They're also happy for you to run Debian and still support you - they're a rare ISV whose support matrix is purely kernel version and C library version. They don't care what distribution you run.

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group