Sarge on Compaq DL590 Install Problem

I just recently aquired a Compaq DL590 and I thought I'd try the newest
and greatest Debian ISO.

I downloaded and burned
"http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/ia64/beta4/sarge-ia64-netinst.iso";

It booted OK, and started the kernel and the language selection came up
and it -- froze.  Very annoying.  I waited a couple of minutes to see if
anything would happen but it did not.

Some system details:
The two processers are NOT Itanium 2, they are Itanium 1, 733 MHz, 2 MB
cache.
There are no hard disks installed in the system.  I was thinking I would
run the installer and play a bit and maybe install onto an NFS share.

Thanks for any helpful advice!
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx@acm.org>