Re: KDE font antialiasing problem

Hello Bdale,

I never reported this bug before, as I'm not sure if it's really one. In
fact, I'm a little surprised to be the only one to notice this problem.

Anyway, if you select font antialiasing in KDE 2.2.2 on IA-64, you can
see the KDE starting panel and after KDE successfully loads, you only
get a desktop with your background picture and the mouse cursor. That's
all and clicking the mouse buttons doesn't give more menu. The only way
to recover your KDE environment is to kill the X server and change
AntiAliasing=true to false in the [KDE] section of your
$HOMEDIR/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals configuration file. I've tried the
xfs and xfs-xtt font servers with no luck.

I don't know if this problem is related only to IA-64 or all 64-bit
architectures. No problem on IA-32 systems however.

Where should this bug (if confirmed) be reported?