Re: odd gnome-keybinding-properties bug?

  Björn> On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 16:07 -0800, David Mosberger wrote:
  >> I just learned that the "gnome-keybinding-properties" dialog is
  >> supposed to show a "Text editing shortctus" box, which allows
  >> switching from the GNOME default to Emacs-style keybindings.
  >> This works fine on Debian/testing on an x86, but with
  >> Debian/unstable on ia64, that box doesn't appear (everything else
  >> works as expected, though).

  >> Is it just me or do others see the same behavior on ia64?

  Björn> I don't see the "Text editing shortctus" box on my i386
  Björn> laptop running unstable, so it is probably not an ia64
  Björn> specific problem. There is a gconf key to switch to
  Björn> Emcas-style though.

Converesley, I found that on my home machine (running Debian/testing
on ia64), the box _does_ appear, so perhaps this is one of those
"simplifications" that made it into GNOME 2.8... ;-/

You're right that gconf-editors can work around the shortcoming, but
that's a lot less intuitive/easy to find.

Thanks,

	--david