Re: spurious failures due to expect/tcl8.4?

In reference to a message from David Mosberger, dated Oct 22:
> Is anybody aware of expect/tcl8.4 causing spurious failures on
> "unstable" Debian/ia64?  I noticed spurious failures occurring with
> "make check" in the GCC test-suite and it appears that these failures
> go away if I downgrade to "expect" from "stable".  That version is
> dependent on tcl8.3, so the bug might be either in the "unstable"
> version of "expect" or in tcl8.4 (or it might be due to the way the
> new packages are built).  From what I can tell, the problem is that
> "expect" sometimes fails to notice the successful termination of a
> subcommand (the compiler, in the case of the GCC test-suite).
>
> Does this ring any bells?

we see this on hppa too.

i think it might be related to this?
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=310894&aid=999084&group_id=10894

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports