Strange problem

Hello all.

I installed sarge on a itanium.
I download the new kernel, 2.6.7 and compiling without problems.
I activated the qla2300 as modules
When I reboot, ok all is correct.
I put different partitions, available on disks connected to the qla2300,
on the fstab.
Then mount -a ==> Ok
But when I reboot my system i receive an error message :

Checking all file systems...
fsck ...
fsck.ext3 no such device or address while trying to open sdb1
possibly non existent or swap device ?
fsck failed, please repair manually
CONTROL-D to normal startup

I make the CTRL-D , the try to mount the the sdb1 and return an error
and only at this moment load the module qla2300.

How can i load the module qla2300 before the fsck ?

I try also to compile qla2300 on the kernel, but in this case I have a
kernel panic :
VFS: Cannot open root= boot option
kernel panic: VFS unable to mount root fs on sda3

Sorry for my poor english :-))

Guy