caveat: GNOME 2.6 severly broken on Debian/unstable?

Be careful about upgrading to Debian/unstable at the moment!  It
appears that GNOME 2.6 is completely broken for ia64.  From what I can
tell, pretty much any GNOME app gets stuck in user-land.  For example,
gdmlogin seems to get stuck in pango_xfg_get_font_map().  Anybody
knows what's going on here?  (I should say I have only tried with a
2.6.6 kernel so far, though I doubt that matters.)

	--david